2021년 9월 학기 입학생 부터는 아래 지침이 적용 됩니다.
- 학교 내 모든 교수진 및 학생들은 다가오는 2021년 10월 15일 까지 백신접종을 의무적으로 하게 됩니다.
- 1, 2차 접종을 마친 학생들은 백신 접종 카드 (접종 확인 증) 를 개인 학생 포털 사이트 Medicat 에 기록을 업로드 바랍니다.
- 2021년 9월 학기 입학생 중 아직 백신 접종을 하지 않은 학생들은 미국 출국 72시간 전에 코로나 검사를 의무적으로 받아 음성 결과를 영문으로 받아 출국합니다.
- 본교에서는 9월 학기 입학생들 중 백신 미접종자에 한하여 본교 백신 클리닉을 통하여 2021년 9월 10일 (금) 오전 10시부터 오후 3시까지 무료로 1차 접종을 실시합니다. (백신 종류 : 화이자 또는 존슨앤 존슨 백신) 1차 접종 후 2차 접종은 10월 1일 실시 됩니다.
- 백신 접종 신청은 아래 사이트를 통해 출국 전 꼭 접수하기 바랍니다.
As a unique year comes to an end, we have been impressed by your fortitude in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic. As the threat of the virus has lessened, we hope you have welcomed the easing of some restrictions, and, if vaccinated, are enjoying the freedoms that come along with that.
While the overall trajectory of the pandemic is bending in a positive direction, it is now clear COVID will remain a public health concern into the next Academic Year. The rise of new variants, coupled with lower-than-anticipated vaccination rates across the US, threatens the progress we have made. In light of this changing situation, and the Delta variant’s disproportionate impact on young, unvaccinated adults, we must take new actions in order to assure a healthy, safe, and normal fall semester.
While our overall vaccination rate is high (80-plus percent across our campuses), it is not high-enough so that it is safe to fully return to normalcy, complete with: full in-person learning, more activities and the return of beloved campus traditions, expanded public operations, and the further relaxing of restrictions.
And just as significantly, it is evident that if vaccination rates don’t reach consistently high rates, issues of quarantine will continue to threaten student progression, ultimately delaying the pace through which students can graduate and enter an industry prepared to take advantage of all they have to offer.
Therefore, we will require COVID-19 vaccinations this fall. Please carefully review the following:
- Students, faculty, staff, and on-site contractors will be expected to be vaccinated by October 15, 2021. If they have not done so already, students should upload an image of their completed vaccination card via Medicat—the student health records system. You may seek a vaccination in your own community, or participate in one of the Free Vaccination Clinics we will be hosting at each of our campuses. Information about these clinics is in the links at the end of this message.
- This policy will allow exemptions for medical reasons or for those with sincerely held religious belief. Anyone with an approved exemption or deferral will be required to remain masked on-campus in all indoor areas, and any outdoor area when physical distancing cannot be maintained, consistent with CDC guidance. Accommodation request forms are available through the links at the end of this message.
- For international students, the CIA is accepting any emergency use vaccines authorized by the WHO or the FDA. If you are unable to secure a vaccine at home, you may take advantage of one of the CIA’s vaccination clinics.
- Students unvaccinated at the start of the semester, and those for whom we yet don’t have a vaccination record, will need to obtain a negative COVID test within 72 hours upon arrival for the fall semester. Students choosing to remain unvaccinated, and with no approved exemption, will not be permitted to remain enrolled and attend classes after October 15.
This policy, recommended by the American College Health Association, is consistent with practices at an increasing number of colleges and universities, private employers, and government agencies, and is similar to existing state-mandated requirements for other student vaccinations already required by the CIA.
Vaccines are safe and highly effective at preventing serious illness. Though the decision to become vaccinated is a personal, and perhaps difficult one, a fully vaccinated CIA community is the best way to protect the health and safety of our campus community, while also ensuring we can have the type of 2021/22 Academic Year we all want. If you are unvaccinated, we appreciate the weight of this decision and hope that you make the choice to comply.
As always, thank you for doing your part to keep our community SAFE.
President Tim Ryan
학장 팀 라이언